Monday, April 14, 2014

Hogwarts House Pride

I have been a huge fan of Harry Potter since third grade and our student teacher read us Chamber of Secrets.  I joined Pottermore last autumn and was sorted into Gryffindor.  I've taken test before and gotten either Gryffindor or Slytherin, but was certain I would get the latter.  My sister (a quirky Ravenclaw, go figure) said it was fitting though.  Later when we were geeking about it, I said I would fight anyone who wouldn't allow us to eat at the same table.  Gryffindor, indeed.

Another interesting tidbit?  I am the only Gryffindor in my family.  My elder sister is Ravenclaw, my mom had a choice between Slytherin and Hufflepuff (she chose Hufflepuff), and my eldest sister and her husband are both Slytherins.  I have no idea how that happened.  Also, SHAME on the movie franchise for getting Ravenclaw's colors wrong.  I wanted to buy matching house color scarves for everybody next Christmas, but the name brand ones are blue and silver.  Silver is Slytherin people, bronze is Ravenclaw.  Sheesh,

Anywho, Angie over at Lariats and Lavender did a Polyvore post of her Hufflepuff pride outfit.  I'm doing the same only different.
Gryffindor Glamor

This would be me on a normal day.  Jeans and a t-shirt with awesome gold lion jewelry.  I actually think I own a fedora like this one.  Comfortable yet stylish.


Gryffindor Glamor

This would be me on a truly Griffindor day, all confidence and glamour.  I surprise myself with my enjoyment of tighter fitting dresses.  In this outfit I would find just the right shade of red lipstick, something I have yet to master.  I would also have to be able to walk properly in heels. :/  

Gryffindor Pride!!!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the 2nd one. It reminds me of you a lot. ^-^
    I made one of these too! Here's the link:
    http://definitionsunknown.blogspot.com/2014/04/hogwarts-house-pride.html

    ReplyDelete