Thursday, October 27, 2011

44 Days of Witchery


I figured this would be a great way to kick off the pagan section of my blog.  Forty-four questions about your thoughts and opinions on various magical topics.  If you want the list, head over to Into the Dawn's self titled blog.  You can find the list here.




What's your witchy background?





My first look into the magical realm was pretty literal.  When I was young and still living in the country, my family and I had an enormous back yard.  My parents told my sisters and I to come outside, that there were faeries out there!


Now of course they only saw fireflies.  But my sister (who I will refer to as my twinny in this blog) and I saw different.  Maybe it was that we believed in faeries in the first place, but all I know is that fireflies don't come in shades like purple.


That was my first experience.  I went about my life for several years after being Mormon, eventually stopping my attendance to church.  When I was fourteen my mom gave me the book I show.  Dream Magic by Sirona Knight.  The book isn't exactly faith based, but does refer to various gods and goddesses.  I couldn't put the thing down.  I never really did any of the spells in the book.  My fear of messing it up got the best of me.  But it did instill the curiosity of magic.


Ever since I have collected a small amount of books on Wicca and magic.  I actually began my witchy ways on Yule almost three years ago.  Ever since my appreciation for the earth and what she provides has grown and I continue to pursue knowledge on different paths of paganism. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay twinnies! I didn't know that was your first magic book, although I did remember you started on Yule. ^-^

    ReplyDelete