Saturday, October 29, 2011

It's Scarborough Fair in Here!
I've been harvesting the last of the herbs before it gets too cold here in Michigan.  The thing is, there's so much of it!  I have three bundles of parsley hung up to dry, and the rest I pulled the leaves of to dry in a bowl.  The sage isn't bundled and hanging yet, but I'm sure to have at least four large bundles.  And I'm not even done harvesting!  What I have is only about a third of the parsley and sage, so I'll have to go back out once I'm done.  The thyme is all up and now all I have to do is pull the leaves off, which is a bit of a pain.  The rosemary was potted last month so it would continue to grow.  Not that there is much of it.  About three inches above the soil.  Frankly I'm glad we got any as we're a zone 4 and rosemary grows best in a zone 8.


I'll post some pictures once I'm all finished and the herbs are hung up.  But until then, does anybody have any good recipes the use sage?

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite ways to use sage in cooking is to put a layer of leaves on the bottom of a roasting pan and put pork on top to cook. The sage flavors the pork and the fat drains.

    Just one idea, if you cook meat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that sounds like a good idea. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete