Sunday, April 15, 2012

Psychology Carp (Part 1)

No, that is not a typo... I thought it was funny.  Anyway!  This segment is sort of psychology based, but also numerology based.  First I want to talk about the Enneagram.  This is a system of nine personality types.  I first learned about this from a self-help book my mother owns. 


As I said, there are nine types.  1:The Reformer.  2:The Helper.  3:The Achiever.  4:The Individualist. 5:The Investigator.  6:The Loyalist.  7:The Enthusiast.  8:The Challenger.  9:The Peacemaker.


These names may change depending on the book you read, the website you go to, or the test you take.  There are a few tests on the website I get my information from.  That can be found at the following website: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/  You don't have to take the test.  I found out my number from simply reading about the different types.  You may find you feel some resistance to your true number.  I know I did.


I am a One.  I could go on and on about being number one or being first.  But that doesn't really matter.  I learned quite a bit about myself by reading about the One.  I am a perfectionist.  I didn't know that.  A vast majority of my anger comes from my need to change things for the better, as a reformer.  In the paragraphs on ones from the aforementioned site, the talk of ones being "highly self-controlled, even rigid".  This describes how I am quite well.  


All numbers on the enneagram are connected.  What's good for one is bad for another.  I would highly suggest taking a look at the website and seeing what you find.  It's even more helpful when others look at it to see what they are.  Don't try to gauge what others' numbers are... it can cause arguments.  But when you find your number and someone else finds theirs, it can help you better understand how the other thinks, feels, and expresses themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment