Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Day Eleven: Weepy Wednesday

Today's prompt at KIOSB is what makes us cry.  I'm not really a weeper.  I don't cry easily.  I feel sadness sure, but it takes a lot to make me actually shed tears.  Onions do it of course, and my eyes hate me every time I cut them.

However, I am moved by things.  Music does it quite easily.  Sad or emotional songs like the one I've put here is an example.  I love Heather Dale in general.

I am also easily moved by quality fiction... or non-fiction for that matter.  I cried the first time around during certain Harry Potter books, as well as hearing the story of Anne Frank's life.  I will say, that I prefer happy endings to sad or bittersweet.  The latter two make me feel sort of hollow and depressed, which prompts me to search for something more optimistic.  

6 comments:

  1. Aaah, Tristan & Isolde... Yep, weepy material!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with your preference to happy endings. I remember one time my sweetie's mom gave us The Notebook as a gift. We had no idea what it was so we popped it in the DVD player and two hours later we just looked at each other, horrified, mortified and stunned. Never watched that movie again. Too painful and life is real enough for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing makes you cry quicker than anger or rage. If you cry about anything, you cry then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is it -- weepies being associated with being "moved". I didn't use that word in my post but that's what it is -- it's a feeling that is so great you are brought to tears.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, happy endings are the best!

    ReplyDelete