Monday, December 30, 2013

Days 29 & 30 - New Me's and Recipes
Day 29 was about taking a selfie that tells something about the person you're becoming.  I got randomly sick yesterday, and thus was NOT in a photogenic mood.  So I did it today.

Now, what you don't know is that there are a whole bunch of Peanut Butter Blossoms out in the kitchen.  I am eating an apple.  Thus, healthy eating/lifestyle choices being the theme of this photo!

Day 30 is posting a recipe!  I like talking about food.  I was surprised when going back through my blog posts and seeing I only have 4 or 5 recipes!  Simply not done I say!

Flash Fried Chicken
3 cups chicken broth
4 chicken breasts
Grapeseed oil
1 cup flour
1 Tbsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp celery salt
1 Tbsp pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
                                                    1 1/2 cups milk

Heat chicken broth in saucepan over high heat to bring to a boil.  Add chicken and reduce to a simmer.  Boil chicken for 40 minutes.  Remove chicken, pat dry, and keep warm.  Mix all dry ingredients.  Coat chicken in milk then in dry mixture, shaking off any excess.  Heat oil in skillet or saucepan.  Fry chicken in enough hot oil to cover, for 30 seconds to 1 minute.  Serve chicken immediately.

By cooking the chicken first before coating, you are saving yourself a load of fat and calories you would otherwise ingest from normal fried chicken.  

No comments:

Post a Comment