Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 3 - 15 Days of Thankfulness - 3 Relatives or People From the Past

I'm not terribly close to my extended family, with a few exceptions.  I already talked a bit about some of them, so I will choose others.

Aunt Nancy-I've always liked her.  Sure, sometimes the things we ate at her house were a bit strange.  She's always been that cool aunt who knows what her opinions are but isn't one to throw them in your face.  I'm not sure to this day what she does or did as a career.  I think it had to do with publishing.  When my parents just had their divorce she was a stabilizing factor for me.

Mr. Rose-The principal from the first elementary school I went to, from kindergarten through half of third grade.  He was married to my kindergarten teacher.  I remember each fall he would bring out his apple press and each class would make apple cider together.  I've never fully enjoyed apple cider from the store ever since.  He was always really nice to any of the kids.  For your birthday you could go eat with him for lunch, though I never got to as my birthday is in June T^T.  

Samantha-My first real friend in 6th grade.  I had a hard time that year with people being really mean to me, but Sam was always really nice even though her best friend didn't like me.  I usually sat by myself that year but she would come sit by me and include me.

No comments:

Post a Comment